Thursday, March 22, 2018

 Women’s History Month: The Women Who Influence Me!


     Being that it is Women's History Month I felt it was only right to write a post about....WOMEN!!

          I'm an entertainer and in this industry women can be very mean to one another. There is more pulling down then there is pulling up. I think we as women just need to take a step back and remember, we once looked up to another woman at some point in life. Today, I like to talk about the women who have influenced me the most!

My Grandmother. She is number 1 on my list today. My grandmother is one of the strongest women I know. She lived through segregation and racism and was still able to be the best mom and wife she could be. She is the definition of a hustler. When there was "no way" she found a "way". She raised her children and her grandchildren. Way to go Grandma, we love ya!Grandma in the middle surrounded by all her family! 

Carole :  Carole is my aunt (mom) and she raised me. She seriously taught me EVERYTHING! I mean from applying lotion on my legs to how to sort the laundry! She was there for my first heart break and the day I graduated college. Anything I needed to know about life she had the answer! She's also, Extremely smart! She graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science! She ran a household (four daughters and husband btw) and had a full time job as a Computer Engineer! She is definitely a major influence in my life!Carole surrounded by all her girls! The little one is my daughter. 

 Xavia: Xavia is my older cousin but she played the role as my big sister growing up! I just thought she was the coolest. I loved how she dressed, did her hair, and wore her make up. I just loved everything about her. She showed me what true strength really looked like. She raised two children on her own and still managed to graduate college, buy her own house and car! She makes it all look so easy! Now that I'm an adult and I have a child of my own, I know it was not easy! She too has influenced me a great deal!Cux 'X' is on the left. Her daughter on the right.

Taraji P. Henson: I'm an actress soooo, you knew I was gonna have at least one actress on my list...right? lol If you are not familiar with who she is, Taraji P. Henson is a famous American actress. She influences me because of her story of success. She went to California with  $700 in her pocket, a toddler, and a dream! Lots of people thought she was crazy and all she heard was tons of negativity. She was told that she was too old to make it as an actress.   (26 at the time) She is 47 now and her career is just getting started...that motivates me! She is very talented; that was never the question, she just had to wait for the rest of the world to catch up with her! Although I have never met this woman she influences me as an actress. Taraji P. Henson

          Those are the top four women that influence me but there are way more! I am a College Graduate, Mother, Teacher, Actress, Model, and Blogger! A fellow blogger once asked me “how do you do it all, what’s your secret?" The answer to that question is simple....I have really good role models! Thank you to all the amazing women who have helped mold me into the woman I am today! Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what women influence you!
Happy Women's History Month!
#thelifeofnitab

No comments:

Post a Comment